Old Tappan Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1
The Ladies Auxiliary meets at 7:30 p.m. downstairs at the Firehouse on the second Tuesday of each month. You may contact any one of the following concerning membership or inquiries:
Terry Keil - President
Michelle Mockler- Vice President
Tami Mazza- Secretary
Nancy Collins - Treasurer
The primary function of the Ladies Auxiliary is to be available to assist our volunteer firefighters with necessary refreshments when they respond to a fire or any other serious emergency that may occur within our community. The secondary function is to provide funds for donation to New Jersey Burn Center as well as the Firemen's Home in Boonton, New Jersey. We have contributed to an organization known as Box 54 which is a country-wide volunteer group which also responds to emergency situations. They are a "kitchen on wheels" and are there to assist the efforts of our Ladies Auxiliary with food and drink. We also donate funds to the Charles DeWolfe Middle School for a yearly student scholarship in the name of former Ladies Auxiliary member, Alice Gaffney.
The Ladies Auxiliary is a volunteer organization made up of women who meet the residency requirements. Members must be 16 years or older and either be from Old Tappan OR have a relative who is a member of the Old Tappan Fire Department or Ladies Auxiliary. The purpose of this Auxiliary is to promote a social atmosphere within the organization and to support the interests of the Old Tappan Volunteer Fire Co. No.1. For more membership information, contact the Ladies Auxiliary President, Terry Keil at (201) 410-5157.
The Old Tappan Ladies Auxiliary has installed the following officers for 2017 President -Terry Keil; Vice President - Michelle Mockler; Secretary - Tami Mazza and Treasurer, Nancy Collins. The members of the Ladies Auxiliary extend our appreciation for the time and efforts extended by the previous officers and look forward to a successful year ahead.
The first meeting of the ladies Auxiliary was held on August 16, 1933 at the homes of the late Ida Stokes. The meeting was called to order with temporary officers selected and a by-laws committee chosen. On August 23, 1933, permanent officers were selected and at the September meeting 24 members officially started the Ladies Auxiliary. The Auxiliary purchased a gas stove and all equipment for the first Firehouse kitchen as well as donating $1,969.20 to the firemen to build the Firehouse.